Skip to main content

Waldmann Precieux Pens - Getting custom non-catalogue models

 A pen dream came true - part 1, an introduction and the preparation.



Picture 1 shows the catalogue models of the model "Precieux" made by Waldmann Pens.

From top to down:

1) diamond cut wave pattern, 2) deep weave pattern, 3) pinstripe pattern, 4) wide lines pattern, 5) frosted stripes pattern ruthenium plated, and 6) frosted stripes pattern rose-gold plated

 

But there are also non-catalogue Precieux pens and here, my pen dream starts (in short: getting more of them).



Picture 2 shows a limited edition model of the Precieux series made from stainless-steel, actually from the steel of retired gun barrels and a modified pen 4 (from the first page) in yellow-gold vermeil.

The yellow-gold vermeil pen from picture 2 is the pen which I use the most of all my pens. I really like this pen. I am a sucker of gold and silver pens, especially if they have a line design.

I also use the limited edition model a lot. It is the stainless steel version of pen 4. I have a special version with a gold nib.

 

I do not own the pens shown on page 1. In regard of pen 4, I need to say not "yet". I just ordered one. Actually 2 of it, because I also wanted a modified pen 4 in rose-gold vermeil with rose-gold 18k EF nib.

Caution: If you are interested in pen 2 or pen 4, I recommend searching the internet for these pens asap. They are out-of-production and I was told that there is no more stock of pen 4 at Waldmann Pens. I am not informed about the availability of pen 2. But I saw that a few online shops claim to still have pen 2 and 4.

Btw., the stainless steel model is also sold out at Waldmann Pens but same here, a few online shops seem to still have it.


I didn't stop here because my plans was to get the yellow-gold vermeil versions of mechanical pencil, ball-pen and rollerball in the design 4 for my retirement. A complete set was one of my dreams. Fortunately, I was told early enough that the model 4 is out-of production now, so I could order the remaining pens too as long as there were some on stock.


 

Picture 3 shows them before gold-coating. The fountainpen in that picture was the base for the vermeil pen in picture 2.

From top to down: mechanical pencil, ball-pen, rollerball open, rollerball closed = fountainpen closed, fountainpen open.

Mechanical pencil, ball-pen, rollerball exist from all the designs shown in picture one. Details can be found in the catalogue of Waldmann Pens. Here is a downloadlink: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/362837-waldmann-pens-catalogue-2021-2022/

The ordered pens are now under production (to add the gold coating).

Picture 1 and 3 is made from pictures obtained from Waldmann Pens. I only copy&pasted them into one picture, so the copyright is still with Waldmann Pens.

You can see that I ordered a number of non-catalogue models. This was only possible because Waldmann Pens was open to do my special order requests. I am very thankful to their CEO Stefan Schnirch who made my pen dreams come true.

 The old catalogue page of pen 4 follows:

Waldmann Catalogue 2021-2022

Waldmann Catalogue 2020
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slimming down

Update: I started selling - see my sales pages : In order to sell most of my pens, I first had to made up my mind what I want to keep. May I present here my target collection, the ones to keep. It is a page in progress, there are still many holes in the data. Waldmann Pens Counting from the left, pen 1-4, 7-10 are the same model: the model Precieux (Deep Wide) Lines in Sterling silver. Pen 8-10 are the original model (fountain pen, mechanical pencil and ball-pen). Pen 1-4 are the yellow-gold vermeil version of it (mechanical pencil, rollerball, ball-pen and fountain pen) and pen 7 is the rose-gold vermeil version of the fountain pen. The rose-gold fountain pen has a rose-gold-plated 18k nib. Pen 6 is the same model in steel, coated in black (Waldmann P2000). But it is not a typical steel, it is  a recycled steel from gun barrels recycled by the German police. It is a limited edition, meanwhile sold out. Read more about it here . Unfortunately, the silver model is meanwhile also ou

Pen box - Japanese style

My rotation pens rested in several boxes here and there on my book shelves. I always wanted them to be together in one box. So, I bought one at Yahoo Auctions. It is a wooden box lacquered with urushi, unused, stored hidden for many years in some drawers.  Nice, isn't it. It is an old storage box for writing tools and paper. But to use it as a pen box, there is some protection necessary - otherwise the lacquer will soon suffer.  But such an inset is probably not commercially available. So today, I decided to make one by myself - using Japanese paper "Washi". I chose a paper in which gold and silver flakes are mixed into the fibres. It is quite thick and, additionally, the backside is coated with gold. (This gold and silver is certainly made from aluminium.) I folded the paper that the valley is 15mm broad and the crests are 5mm high. The backside then looks like this. Some adhesive into the crests.  A little bit of persuasion with some clip

For Sale

These pens are all for sale now at http://www.mkengel.de/pensales/pensales.html   The Big Ones Counting from the left: pen 1-2 are Pelikan Souveraen M1000 in F: one is sold and one is kept on hold pen 3-4 are Montblanc 149, probably F - one has been sold, one is available pen 5 is a Sailor KoP Standard, 21k nib in M: kept on hold pen 6 is the Dodeca made by Lotus Pens from India, it has a Bock #380 18k in F. This pen started as a custom pen request and became one of Lotus Pens' standard products. pen 7 is the Virat, also made by Lotus Pens . This Virat is slightly modified upon my request. It also has a Bock #380 18k in F.   Mixed  Pen 1 is a Sailor Profit21 (1911L), limited edition from the Japanese department store Mitsukoshi - eventually available Pen 2 is the piston filler Monte Grappa from Montegrappa in coral, with a steel nib in EF. When I bought it, either the maker or the seller added a box of cartridges. Very nice but I still haven't found out how I can