Skip to main content

Welcome home

Now what is hiding in there ? Hmmmm? Came from Germany and arrived in Japan some days ago - an early Christmas present??

Let's have a look (click on a photo to see it larger).
white and black
Aha, not only Pilot has its 100th anniversary this year.
Like a mirror
a wooden box
OK OK, I admit, I bought the 100th anniversary fountain pen of Waldmann (Germany) - I just couldn't resist.


Some details: the ink

The ink

And here it is: The pen! 

I wanted to make some photos as long as it is in pristine condition. Silver is extremely sensitive, use it once and it has micro-scratches.
The advantage of silver is that in summer it feels cool and in winter it feels warm.
This will be no collection pen - it will be used and soon it will have many scratches. Tant pis! A fountain pen is made for writing.

The Waldmann anniversary pen - I am now the owner of 66g silver.






A comparison with the LE's sibling - the Waldmann Manager (upper pen). Both are piston fillers.

"Where did the pens move to", I asked Waldmann. I was told that these pens reside now in Austria, Australia, Belgium, Bulgaria, China, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia, Spain, and USA. My best regards to the 90+ other owners - 宜しくお願いします.




p.s. I had already reported earlier about this pen when I didn't know that some months later one would be mine. Link





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slimming down

Update: I started selling - see my sales pages : In order to sell most of my pens, I first had to made up my mind what I want to keep. May I present here my target collection, the ones to keep. It is a page in progress, there are still many holes in the data. Waldmann Pens Counting from the left, pen 1-4, 7-10 are the same model: the model Precieux (Deep Wide) Lines in Sterling silver. Pen 8-10 are the original model (fountain pen, mechanical pencil and ball-pen). Pen 1-4 are the yellow-gold vermeil version of it (mechanical pencil, rollerball, ball-pen and fountain pen) and pen 7 is the rose-gold vermeil version of the fountain pen. The rose-gold fountain pen has a rose-gold-plated 18k nib. Pen 6 is the same model in steel, coated in black (Waldmann P2000). But it is not a typical steel, it is  a recycled steel from gun barrels recycled by the German police. It is a limited edition, meanwhile sold out. Read more about it here . Unfortunately, the silver model is meanwhile also ou

For Sale

These pens are all for sale now at http://www.mkengel.de/pensales/pensales.html   The Big Ones Counting from the left: pen 1-2 are Pelikan Souveraen M1000 in F: one is sold and one is kept on hold pen 3-4 are Montblanc 149, probably F - one has been sold, one is available pen 5 is a Sailor KoP Standard, 21k nib in M: kept on hold pen 6 is the Dodeca made by Lotus Pens from India, it has a Bock #380 18k in F. This pen started as a custom pen request and became one of Lotus Pens' standard products. pen 7 is the Virat, also made by Lotus Pens . This Virat is slightly modified upon my request. It also has a Bock #380 18k in F.   Mixed  Pen 1 is a Sailor Profit21 (1911L), limited edition from the Japanese department store Mitsukoshi - eventually available Pen 2 is the piston filler Monte Grappa from Montegrappa in coral, with a steel nib in EF. When I bought it, either the maker or the seller added a box of cartridges. Very nice but I still haven't found out how I can

Pen box - Japanese style

My rotation pens rested in several boxes here and there on my book shelves. I always wanted them to be together in one box. So, I bought one at Yahoo Auctions. It is a wooden box lacquered with urushi, unused, stored hidden for many years in some drawers.  Nice, isn't it. It is an old storage box for writing tools and paper. But to use it as a pen box, there is some protection necessary - otherwise the lacquer will soon suffer.  But such an inset is probably not commercially available. So today, I decided to make one by myself - using Japanese paper "Washi". I chose a paper in which gold and silver flakes are mixed into the fibres. It is quite thick and, additionally, the backside is coated with gold. (This gold and silver is certainly made from aluminium.) I folded the paper that the valley is 15mm broad and the crests are 5mm high. The backside then looks like this. Some adhesive into the crests.  A little bit of persuasion with some clip