Skip to main content

Not Expensive Pen 1: Ohto Tasche FF-10T



This pen is called "Ohto Tasche", where "Tasche" is the German word for pocket. Japanese companies like to use foreign words because Japanese think this is so cool.

The product code is FF-10T if you want to search for it. The pen comes in four colors (black, silver, pink and blue) - Link to the Tasche HP.

It is a small, slim and light pen, except when it is posted.


Length 9.8 cm (closed) or 14.6 cm (posted) - 8.5 cm when the cap is removed.
Diameter 9 mm at the silver part and 10 mm at the pink part.

Total weight 13.5 g (without cartridge) - 5.6 g for the cap and 7.9 for the feed assembly.

The nib inscription says "Iridium Point Germany" which indicates that it is certainly made in China (this should not be considered a devaluation).

The pen uses short international cartridges. With Pelikan 4001 Royal-Blue, the nib writes 0.5 mm lines, classifying it as a medium - the maker says it is a fine which is clearly wrong - at least here in Japan.

I use this pen only when necessary, it is a little bit too slim for my taste. Usually, this leads to a not so nice handwriting as you can see on the left. Good enough for a short note.

But the pen has the advantage of always starting to write immediately - even after several weeks of not using it.
Additionally, the nib writes smoothly and flawlessly.





I carry it in my bag without any loss of ink inside the cap. The quality is apparently good. It is so small, I can keep it even in my wallet - see picture on the left side (the silver part on the right side of the picture is a credit card).

Prices: you can find it for 880 Yen (ca. 7.8 USD) in Japan and a little bit more expensive abroad.

Other reviews - FYI
Link 1; Link 2; Link 3; Link 4; Link 5;











Comments

  1. The page of the pen is from 2004, so it could be that this is pen was first sold in 2004. If someone knows better, please comment. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Slimming down

Update: I started selling - see my sales pages : In order to sell most of my pens, I first had to made up my mind what I want to keep. May I present here my target collection, the ones to keep. It is a page in progress, there are still many holes in the data. Waldmann Pens Counting from the left, pen 1-4, 7-10 are the same model: the model Precieux (Deep Wide) Lines in Sterling silver. Pen 8-10 are the original model (fountain pen, mechanical pencil and ball-pen). Pen 1-4 are the yellow-gold vermeil version of it (mechanical pencil, rollerball, ball-pen and fountain pen) and pen 7 is the rose-gold vermeil version of the fountain pen. The rose-gold fountain pen has a rose-gold-plated 18k nib. Pen 6 is the same model in steel, coated in black (Waldmann P2000). But it is not a typical steel, it is  a recycled steel from gun barrels recycled by the German police. It is a limited edition, meanwhile sold out. Read more about it here . Unfortunately, the silver model is meanwhile also ou

Pen box - Japanese style

My rotation pens rested in several boxes here and there on my book shelves. I always wanted them to be together in one box. So, I bought one at Yahoo Auctions. It is a wooden box lacquered with urushi, unused, stored hidden for many years in some drawers.  Nice, isn't it. It is an old storage box for writing tools and paper. But to use it as a pen box, there is some protection necessary - otherwise the lacquer will soon suffer.  But such an inset is probably not commercially available. So today, I decided to make one by myself - using Japanese paper "Washi". I chose a paper in which gold and silver flakes are mixed into the fibres. It is quite thick and, additionally, the backside is coated with gold. (This gold and silver is certainly made from aluminium.) I folded the paper that the valley is 15mm broad and the crests are 5mm high. The backside then looks like this. Some adhesive into the crests.  A little bit of persuasion with some clip

For Sale

These pens are all for sale now at http://www.mkengel.de/pensales/pensales.html   The Big Ones Counting from the left: pen 1-2 are Pelikan Souveraen M1000 in F: one is sold and one is kept on hold pen 3-4 are Montblanc 149, probably F - one has been sold, one is available pen 5 is a Sailor KoP Standard, 21k nib in M: kept on hold pen 6 is the Dodeca made by Lotus Pens from India, it has a Bock #380 18k in F. This pen started as a custom pen request and became one of Lotus Pens' standard products. pen 7 is the Virat, also made by Lotus Pens . This Virat is slightly modified upon my request. It also has a Bock #380 18k in F.   Mixed  Pen 1 is a Sailor Profit21 (1911L), limited edition from the Japanese department store Mitsukoshi - eventually available Pen 2 is the piston filler Monte Grappa from Montegrappa in coral, with a steel nib in EF. When I bought it, either the maker or the seller added a box of cartridges. Very nice but I still haven't found out how I can