Skip to main content

Where pens and cats overlapped

 Originally posted at Instagram. Click on a photo to see it enlarged.






Lisa makes quality control and protects my set of Pilot Iroshizuku inks on March 16, 2019. Lisa is blind which doesn't hinder her to be found on all tables and chairs. 

On July 3, 2019, she inspected an incoming package from La Couronne du Comte.


What did she know that she would have soon some helpers to do that work.

The new ones helped me choosing a new pen, inspecting every pen on a huge list: October 4, 2019.


Please try and identify the non-pen artifact in the picture. I know it is difficult. November 23, 2020


Brothers of my cats (same mother) - special editions 2019, 2020 and 2021 - unfortunately all of them have died due to illness or car accidents. In memoriam.


Tom and Lisa show interest in a cloth from Bokumondoh. 


I don't call myself a collector - I am a hoarder. Not only do I hoard pens, but also inks and papers and - cats.

Felix (18 years in 2024), Cherie (5), Lisa (6) and Tom (5) in 2022 und 2024 (below9. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waldmann - over the years

Preserving the Legacy A Note on This Research I am presenting these collected findings on Waldmann Pens to ensure that this historical data is preserved for the community, even after I eventually step away from active collecting. I would be deeply grateful for any corrections or additional information that fellow enthusiasts might be able to share to further complete this record. in progress Introduction "Gold und Silber mag ich sehr"—so goes the line of a classic German folk song. While the English equivalent, "I like gold and silver very much," is a simple translation, it became my personal mantra when I began collecting pens. Fate struck in 2017 in the form of a seemingly overlooked pen on Yahoo Auctions. According to the description, it was a Waldmann, crafted in Germany from sterling silver with a star-shaped guilloché pattern. Curiously, it languished through several auction rounds without a single bid. For four weeks, I checked back anxiously, watching and wa...

Waldmann Tuscany

I nearly missed buying this pen. Story of a near miss While scanning for gold and silver pens on Yahoo Auctions (Japan), I stumbled over an auction of a pen resembling very much a Parker 75, I have - see picture below. The pen was described being a Waldmann Tuscany Silver 925. This was the first time I saw a Waldmann fountain pen. I had heard the name before because a friend of mine is the proud owner of a Waldmann pen. However, because it was not cheap and resembled so much the Parker 75, I decided against buying it. Text written with the Tuscany Nobody else bought it either over several rounds (1 week each). But because of the Yahoo automatisms, it stayed on my watch-list. The more often I saw it, the more I got interested and finally thought some actions would be good to decide if I finally buy or not. I contacted the customer support of Waldmann, asking if the pen is for real or not. The nib marked "Schmidt Iridium Point" resembled very much the nib...

Beat your pistols into fountain pens

Have you ever thought what happens to old Police weapons when they are replaced by newer ones. Are they reworked, even sold to pistol sportsmen or to police forces of other countries? Not anymore! Due to the many problems with weapons being stolen or resold illegally, German police is not selling their retired weapons to anyone. Instead, they are sent back to the maker for recycling. In 2018, the Police of Lower Saxony in Germany had the idea to show their support for non-proliferation of firearms and a weaponless peaceful society. They thought, nothing can be better than following the reference of the bible which says: “... they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks....” [ Isaiah 2:4 ]. The idea was born to adjust this quote to modern times, producing a symbolic fountain pen from the metal parts of the retired weapons. When they contacted the German producer of silver fountain pens, Waldmann Pens in Pforzheim about this idea, ...